Privacy Statement AAP
AAP recognizes the importance of the privacy of its donors, visitors to the website and persons who are otherwise involved with AAP. Personal data is therefore handled with the utmost care and security, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (AVG). Besides complying with the AVG, AAP has committed itself to the code of conduct of Goede Doelen Nederland (Charities Netherlands) and the CBF Seal of Approval for charities.
By donators AAP means all persons and companies who support us financially, with collection products or other articles and/or means to reach our goal, but also persons and companies who purchase products or services from us for free, such as tours, collection envelopes, donation boxes and other products and services AAP introduces in the future. AAP also stores data of persons who are not donors, but do receive the newsletter of AAP, have signed a petition or have participated in the digital tour of AAP without having taken one of the above actions.
What data does AAP register?
AAP registers the following data:
- Personal data: last name, first names, initials, title, gender, date of birth, address details, email address, telephone number. Personal information required for communication can be supplemented or validated with data from external sources within the AVG legislation;
- Personal data of the parents, guardians or caregivers of underage donors;
- A unique administration number belonging to the donor;
- Financial details and donor history such as bank account number, name of bank account holder and method of payment for calculating, recording and collecting donations and/or one-off or ongoing authorizations;
- Special donor data: in the case of a periodic donation agreement, we also save the BSN number and signature provided by the donor, in accordance with the guidelines of the tax authorities;
- Data related to the donorship or involvement with AAP for the purpose of relationship management. For example the date of commencement of the patronage or participation in the activities of AAP, such as the AAP donor days or tours, but also postal and calling preferences and email exchanges between AAP and the donor;
- Photos and video footage with or without sound of activities at AAP, for example photos taken during the AAP donation days or tours;
- If we want to register additional personal details for relationship management or for example inheritance then AAP asks for explicit permission.
What does AAP use your data for?
AAP uses your data exclusively for the following purposes:
- Activities that, given our objective as a foundation, are customary, including informing our donors about the activities and developments of AAP, fundraising activities and marketing;
- Providing insight into and better understanding of our constituency, so we can tailor our communication and actions as effectively as possible;
- Calculating, registering and collecting authorizations and donations;
- Handling of disputes;
- Analyzing the fundraising activities;
- Performing audits.
The AAP website
The AAP website uses standard functional cookies. This includes general visit data, without identifying you as a visitor. These cookies are necessary for the website to function properly.
Only if you agree, we also place a number of other non-functional cookies. These have different purposes and allow us to improve our services. These additional cookies are: the frequency of visits to our website, browser type, IP address, pages visited and length of user session. The purpose of keeping this data is to optimize the design of the website. This data can also be used to put more targeted information on the website. In this way AAP can optimize its services and information.
The AAP website contains links to external internet pages. AAP is not liable for the use or the content of these internet pages or the collection of visitor data by these external websites.
The permitted storage period
AAP removes or anonymizes your personal data within established time limits:
- Within 1 month of exercising the right of deletion. We do need to keep any payment information for tax purposes for 7 years;
- 2 years after your last interaction, for example receiving a newsletter, filling out a petition or following the digital tour;
- 7 years after your last donation or application if your donorship with AAP has ended and you do not receive (digital) mail from us. Your donorship ends automatically 18 months after making a last donation or request to AAP, or immediately when you explicitly inform AAP in writing or by e-mail.
The period of 7 years can be extended if your donorship has stopped, but you still receive (digital) mail from AAP. Your personal data will then be stored up to 2 years after the last dispatch of (digital) mail.
Your rights with regard to your personal data
You always have the right to access your data, to have it changed or deleted. If you wish you can request this by mail or by e-mail. AAP strives to respond within 1 month to your request via mail or email. If you find that AAP does not honor your request (on time) or if you suspect that your personal data is processed in a way that is contrary to the privacy act, you can file a complaint with AAP. In the following section you will find how you can file a complaint. If you are of the opinion that AAP has handled your personal details incorrectly and has not resolved this adequately, then you can submit a complaint to the Authority for Personal Data.
Questions or complaints
Do you have a comment, suggestion, question or complaint*? Let us know using the contact form on the website. We aim to respond within 5 working days. We very much appreciate hearing your comments and would like to learn from them.
*A complaint is an explicit expression of ‘dissatisfaction’ with the policy and / or its implementation by AAP, the provision of information by AAP or the treatment of you as a person.
(We can be reached on working days between 8.30 a.m. and 5 p.m.)
Stichting AAP t.a.v. donateursservice
1305 AH Almere
1358 AC Almere
KvK: 41200553 (Chamber of Commerce reg. no.)