32 hours per week
Within the Rescue & Rehabilitation department, the APL Team is responsible for the animal flow (from rescue to outplacement) of rescued animals in both Almere (the Netherlands) and Villena (Spain). The team currently consists of four coordinators, four assistants and many volunteers.
The APL Team is arranges all reports and transports of incoming and outgoing animals from all over the world but is also responsible for permits and data collection. The team has an advisory and educational role towards the MT, the team leaders and animal care staff.
What are you going to do!
- You hierarchically lead the APL team. Most of the team members are based in Almere and some work from home / abroad.
- You are supporting and/or replacing in rescue and outplacement coordination.
- You are responsible for drafting, implementing and evaluating the R&R policies concerning animal logistics, rescue and outplacement.
- You function as a sparring partner in the field of animal flow for the head of R&R on a tactical and strategic level.
- In consultation with the other R&R managers, you draw up the medium-term and annual plan and you are responsible for their implementation.
- You will write in- and external advisory reports.
- You prepare the budget for your department. You evaluate the financial results and other KPI’s periodically.
- You are responsible for the animal data base and ZIMS, our data programs.
- You are responsible for all animal related permits and regulations for both locations.
- You are responsible for the professional network concerning animals in captivity including zoos and other rescue centers.
- An inspiring workplace in the green heart of Almere, within easy reach of Amsterdam and Utrecht and with the possibility to work partly from home.
- Work within ear shot of the animals that AAP rescues.
- A position with social relevance in an international working environment.
- A professional work place that stimulates and supports dedication, accessibility and vigorousness.
- A permanent contract (after 2 twelve month contracts).
- Your salary will be between € 2.522 and € 3.255 gross per month (based on 32 hours per week) dependent on relevant work experience, with room for growth within the function.
- In addition to the 8% holiday allowance, also a variable end of year payment of a maximum of 8.33% of your annual gross salary.
- 24 vacation days per year on a full time basis.
- A good and sustainable pension arrangement.
- Minimum HBO level / NLQF 6-7/ EQF 6-7 educational and/or working level.
- A minimum of five year work experience as a manager on tactical and strategic level.
- A network in the field of animal welfare in captivity.
- Excellent written and spoken English (English Common European Framework of Reference level: C1), Dutch and/or more languages are a pre (German, French or Spanish).
- A personality that:
- has a decisive, confident, open, and honest nature;
- has excellent social and communication skills used for cooperation and advice;
- can manage people with different (cultural) backgrounds;
- is willing to travel abroad, regularly;
- efficiently collects and evaluates information and translates this into policies and strategic advice;
- has strong analytical and organizational skills with the ability to take others along;
- has a solution-orientated attitude.
Enthusiastic, but still some questions? Please call Elly Koppers, HR advisor, telephone 036 523 8787. Click here to apply and upload your CV and motivation letter before 4 August 2022.